Jefferson County Fair Demolition Derby
Sunday, August 20, 2017
Glenn Wood, Chairman
1st Place $1500
2nd Place $900
3rd Place $400
Heat Winners – $50 each for last 2 cars still running, a trophy, and the right to run in the feature.
Number of heats will be determined the day of the demo depending on how many cars show up.
**Possible two new Classes to Demo Derby**
IF WE GET FIVE ENTRIES PER CLASS or FIVE COMBINED
100% Entry Fee Pay Back
*Same rules as 4 cylinders*
*Same rules as Big Trucks*
4&6 Cylinder Class Derby
1st Place $500
2nd Place $250
3rd Place $100
Truck Demo Derby
1st Place $500
2nd Place $250
3rd Place $100
The Demolition Derby is promoted as an unusual spectator attraction. In the interest of safety, anyone entering is subject to and must obey the following rules and regulations, which are mandated by the promoter.
ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS will be strictly enforced. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Anything not followed according to the rules will make the car and driver INELIGIBLE to compete.
2016 Demolition Derby Rules and Regulations
Failure to abide by these rules will result in disqualification.
Pit passes will be $10 and you must be 16 years or older (with proof of age) to enter pits.
- Each driver must register before inspection and sign release form, all drivers will draw from hat for heat numbers.
- The track officials and/or the promoter reserve the right to approve or reject any entry.
- All entry fees will be $30.00 and pit passes will be $10.00 per person plus FAIR ADMISSION.
- Each driver must be 18 years old with a driver’s license, 16 and 17 year olds must have parents consent with signature and valid license.
- No entry fees will be refunded.
- All cars must be inspected 1 hour prior to the derby.
- Judges decision is final
- Pit entry is for no one under the age of 16 Years. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!Drivers
- Any driver not obeying the rules will be disqualified.
- No drinking of alcoholic beverages on the track or pit area.
- Driver may maneuver forward or backward. No deliberate hitting of driver’s doors, starter hits. Engines mustbe running.
- The judges will announce a time limit; if a driver does not hit another car within the time limit he will bedisqualified. Playing “Possum” or Sandbagging or double-teaming will result in disqualification also.
- Boundaries must be observed.
- No drivers working as a team or together in any heat. More discussion at the drivers meeting.
- All cars must be removed from the grounds within 12 hours OR they become the property of the JeffersonCounty Agricultural Society Fair Board.
- No driver or cars may leave the ground and return to competition. If they do so it will lead to automaticdisqualification.
- All drivers are responsible for their pit crew. Pit crewmembers can and will get the driver disqualified.
- American made hardtop automobiles or station wagons are allowed. NO TRUCKS, VANS, JEEPS, CONVERTIBLES, HEARSES, OR 4 WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES.
- Standard safety belts, helmets and eye protection are required.
- A metal screen is recommended to cover a 2-foot section of the windshield in front of the driver.
- Remove any sharp, protruding fins or dangerous objects. (Mash down or cut off).
- All glass, head and taillights must be removed. All chrome trim, such as head and tail light moldings and sidemoldings must be removed before hand. It may not be removed on the grounds.
- No special bumpers, reinforcements of any kind. Trailer hitches are not permitted. Shock bumpers may bewelded. Engine mounts may be chained, wired or welded.
- Engine mounts may be chained, wired or welded.
- Locked rear ends are permitted. Fender well may be cut for wheel clearance only. If fenders are to be rolledthey may NOT be welded.
- ANY CAR SPILLING GAS OR CATCHING FIRE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- All cars must have factory-cooling system. ANY TRANSMISSION COOLERS AND LINES MUSTREMAIN IN FRONT OF FIRE WALL.
- Battery must be moved to the inside of the car fastened down and covered. One battery per car – no forkliftbatteries-automobile type only.
- Alldoorsmaybeweldedorbandedshut,hoodandtrunksmaybefastenedshutin6placeswithwirenolargerthan #9 you may alter going through core support around bumper two places hood and trunk..
- All cars must have fan blades covered by shroud or hood.
- All cars with electric fuel pump must have an electric shut off switch located on the drivers “A” post to shut pump off (in case of fire) with off position down.
- Hoods must be in place and operable. There must be a 12-inch hole above the carburetor, unless headers are used. Headers must point up.
- ONE horizontal bar in doors, and down each door (inside), and behind the driver’s seat and across the dash is recommended for safety. Rollover bar is permitted (no larger the 3” stock) to go from bar behind seat straight across roof to other side. Roll over bar is not to tie in any other places.
- Hood must be opened for inspection. If trunk is wired or banded shut it must have a 14×14 inch hole cut in it.
- Body mounts may be altered but has to have 1 inch gap between frame and body. Stock bolts on 7/16 inchand 1 1⁄2 washer.
- An air cleaner housing MUST be in place on carburetor.
- Floor shifters are permitted, 6” x 6” hole max. Must have cover to keep hot fluid off of driver.
- Any type tires permitted.
- Bottom and back of all rear seats must be removed including the lid covering Station Wagon rear seats.Driver’s seat only to be in car.
- WEDGE CARS, ELCAMINO WAGONS, BODY METAL MUST REMAIN ABOVE BUMPER ATLEAST 4”, MUST HAVE A 12” BY 12” HOLE..
- HOOD, TRUCK AND TAILGATES MAY BE WIRED TO THE BUMPERS IN 2 PLACES ONLY ANDDOES COUNT AS LID WIRES.
- NO DISTRIBUTOR OR CARBURATOR PROTECTORS FROM FENDER TO FENDER OR COWLPANEL TO RAD SUPPORT AND NOTHING TO THE FRAME. DISTRIBUTOR PROTECTORSMUST HAVE A 4 INCH FROM FIREWALL TO PROTECTORS.
- Engine cradles may be used but not tied to firewall or frame.Welding
- Hoods, Deck lids and tailgates are not to be welded, wired only.
- No seam welding of body or frame will permitted. Spot welding body seams will not be permitted.
- Absolutely no welding is to be done on car body except you may tilt front frame on newer cars but you musthave 1 inch gap between body and frame, EXCEPT welded engine and transmission mounts and doors.
- No special bumpers, reinforcement of any kind. Trailer hitches are not permitted. Shock bumpers may bewelded.
- IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN WELD IT, DON’T.
- All doors may be welded shut for safety.Springs
- Spring blocks are permitted but MUST have movement.
- No coil to leaf spring conversion.
- It is illegal to have leaf springs under a coil spring car.
- Shocks must be factory, no adding treads to shorten shocks or stuffing shocks allowed.
- STOCK SUSPENSIONS IS THE KEY!! No turned up torsion bars. No adding ofleaf springs, number ofleaves to be left stock amount. No clamping of springs except factory stock clamps. Suspension must move.
- NO ALTERATION OF COIL SPRINGS, NOT TRUCK COILS IN CARS!!!!!Gas Tanks
- Original gas tank must be removed. A STEEL 5-gallon can is required and must be securely mounted on the rear floor section of the back seat and covered by fireproof material. NO PLASTIC GAS CANS.
- Tanks must be securely fastened to the floor with bolts or wire. Tanks not done in this way will not run.
- No seat belts or bungee cords will be allowed.
- PLASTIC CANS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
- NO TANKS NEAR THE PASSENGER SIDE, CENTER TO DRIVER SIDE ONLY.
- Gas tank protectors are permitted but MUST be 4” away from the speaker deck and cannot be welded to floor pan.
4 and 6 Cylinder
- At least 5 cars have to show up to urn this heat.
- Mini Cars are subject to the same rules and regulations as the regular cars.
- All hard top automobiles under 109” wheelbase (no 4×4 and no carry alls).
- Preparation of car will be the same as regular cars.
- 4 and 6 cylinder gas tank protectors are strongly recommended.Trucks
- At least 5 cars have to show up to run this heat or decision of promoter.
- Trucks are subject to the same rules and regulations as the regular cars.
- Any full size American made truck (1/2 ton to single wheel 1 ton) Crew Cab or Suburban permitted.
- No wooden beds, factory OEM beds only.
- 4-wheel drive must have front drive shaft removed.
- No lift kits or body lifts.
- Stock OEM bumpers only.
- Must have doors welded. Drivers’ cage is permitted.
- Bed must be wired to frame in 4 places, no more than 2 strains per hole.
- Tailgate may be welded on each side and 2 places at the floor of bed.
- No split rims.
- Hood wired in 6 places. Sheet metal to sheet metal.
- Hood must have a hole above carburetor 8” x 8” minimum.
- Steel gas tank must be mounted in front of bed, centered and a steel cover for firewall.5 gallon maximum.
- No mirrors, glass, molding or lights.
- Any type tires permitted.
- Preparation of trucks will be the same as regular cars.
- Bed may be welded to cab.